EU Cookie Consent
The investment is financed from European funds, within the Regional Operational Program 2014-2020, Priority Axis 4 -
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, the rehabilitation and modernisation works of Ferdinand Square began. The works are carried out by the association of companies formed by SC GAVELLA COM SRL (association leader), PORFIDO ED ARTE CONSORZIO STABILE (partner 1) and SC KAL TRANS SRL (partner 2).
The duration of the project is 21 months, out of which 18 months for the execution of the works, and 3 months for the design period.
The project "Rehabilitation, modernisation and restoration of squares in Ferdinand Square - Oradea" has as general objectives
● improving the conditions regarding the transport and mobility of the population,
● highlighting the elements of national and local cultural heritage in Ferdinand Square,
● creating the appropriate conditions to enhance the historical buildings around Ferdinand Square,
● increasing the attractiveness of the market for investments in services specific to urban centres.
The works undertaken as part of the project include:
● conservation and restructuring of green areas and equipping them with irrigation systems;
● restoration of road and pedestrian infrastructure;
● modernisation of the public lighting system, water-sewer networks, and district heating networks on the area,
● equipping the space with new fountains and sustainable street furnishing (benches, rubbish bins, notice boards) which fulfil the optimal functional conditions for comfort, durability, and aesthetics.
"The works will involve restrictions on road and pedestrian traffic. They will be executed in such a way as to cause as little inconvenience as possible, being executed in steps, not all at once. At the same time, all the utility networks will be replaced", declared the deputy mayor Mircea Mălan.
The city administration plans to improve traffic conditions, to reduce congestion in road traffic, to rehabilitate the entire infrastructure of Ferdinand Square, both utilities and asphalt carpeting, to reconfigure the square to its original purpose of catalyst for civic life.
How many walks does it take to fall in love with a city? When you're in Oradea, only one. Each route you start has something special to catch the eye. Whether you want to rediscover old history, enjoy a moment of reconnection in the middle of nature or a special evening in the city, Oradea and Bihor County will always have something to seduce you, regardless of the season.
Discover a lively, fresh, and welcoming city! Living energy in a surprising architectural landscape that includes: 89 Art Nouveau buildings and monuments, 26 buildings classified as historical monuments, 25 valuable buildings proposed for classification as historical monuments and 38 buildings with indisputable architectural value. Create your own itinerary for an unforgettable #citybreak in the #ArtNouveau city!
Oradea is an old hub of many European trade routes and has always been easily accessible. Find out all the information about how to get to #Oradea, where to stay, what to visit, and what kind of activities you can book online for you and your friends and family! #FamilyTrip #Accessibility